How to Use Mercedes-Benz Remote Parking Pilot
One of the coolest features that new Mercedes-Benz vehicles have is something called Remote Parking Pilot. This feature comes available as a smartphone app that lets you control your vehicle’s parking movements from outside the car, letting you comfortably exit the cabin without the worry of being too close to another vehicle’s door or wondering if you are going to accidentally brush against someone else’s car that is parked too close. With Remote Park Pilot, all you need is your smartphone and the wave of your thumb to safely and securely park your Mercedes-Benz.
Mercedes-Benz Remote Parking Pilot Step-by-Step Instructions
Before you begin, make sure that your vehicle and your smartphone are paired together through Bluetooth®, as this is how you send instructions to your vehicle. Also be sure that you have the Remote Parking Pilot app downloaded on your compatible smartphone.
- Unlock the vehicle before it is moved out of the parking space.
- Make sure the driver’s smartphone is within around 10 feet of the vehicle.
- Use your smartphone app to select one of the available maneuvers for guiding the car out of the parking space.
- Once your maneuver has been selected, use the app to trace a circle with you finger or thumb to begin the movement of your car. The vehicle will you sensors located throughout the vehicle to autonomously guide the car in or out of a parking spot, using the chosen maneuver as guidance.
- Once your vehicle is safely parked, lock the vehicle.
If you would like more Mercedes-Benz instructions, check out our helpful “Tips and Tricks” section of our blog here at Mercedes-Benz of Salem!