How to connect Bluetooth® in your Mercedes-Benz
Mercedes-Benz Bluetooth® Connectivity
For many drivers, Bluetooth® offers quick and easy in-car connectivity. This impressive feature makes it easier to have access to your favorite music and contacts right there in your car, without needing to mess with your phone or even take your hands off the wheel. If you’re looking to take advantage of this must-have feature in your Mercedes-Benz vehicle, we’ll give you a quick walkthrough of how to connect the Bluetooth® in your Mercedes-Benz.
Whether you drive a Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupe, or the GLE SUV, this quick and easy process makes it easier and safer to stay connected through your phone without taking focus away from your driving. Every model in the Mercedes-Benz lineup comes with Bluetooth® Connectivity, so if you have an iPhone or Android Phone, these instructions will work in your vehicle.
The first step to ensuring that your phone connects to your Mercedes-Benz is to turn on your phone’s Bluetooth®, which can usually be found under its “Settings” menu. From there, you will be “discoverable” to other Bluetooth® devices.
Follow these steps inside your vehicle to connect its Bluetooth®
- Press the “TEL” key on your radio screen or select “Phone” depending on your model.
- In the lower left corner, select the available “Connect Dev.” option.
- Select the “Search for Phone from Vehicle” function.
- Press “Start Search”.
- Wait while the system searches for nearby Bluetooth® compatible phones.
- After the search, select the option for your phone
- While pairing, the screen will show a 6-digit passcode, verify that it matches the number on your phone’s screen.
- On your phone, confirm the code and select “Pair”.
[ Read more: What is the PRESAFE® System? ]
After that, your iPhone or Android smartphone and your Mercedes-Benz should be successfully paired and authorized. Drivers will be able to access any music on their device as well as contacts for hands-free calls.
If you have any problems with the process above or have any questions, feel free to contact us here at Mercedes-Benz of Salem. We’ll be more than happy to help or answer any questions you may have.